Monday, July 11, 2011

25 weeks

I like doing these every two weeks, as I'm clearly not one of those super-bloggers who can keep up a weekly habit of this.

Weight Gain: Roughly 15 pounds. According to the midwife, I gained 5 pounds in the last month - but I had actually lost weight just before my last appointment on account of stress, so I think I've been gaining about a pound a week. Depending on whom you ask, this is: a) perfectly healthy, b) terrible and I'm a cow. Since I'm eating pretty well and getting fairly consistent exercise, I'm going to subscribe to A. I'm getting used to the idea that I'll be gaining at least 25 pounds in this whole process, and likely more than that.

Symptoms: Bigger belly. Bigger kicks! I think I'm getting tired more easily these days, too, but that may be in part because of the heat lately.

Cravings/Aversions: Still nothing too strong, though I still don't like the idea of canned mushrooms. I'm going out of my way to get a lot of protein, though, per the Bradley method class direction, and I kind of think that's keeping my cravings to a minimum. I'm eating a lot of Greek yogurt, which might cover any calcium-related cravings I may have had.

I am loving: My new Snoogle body pillow. I can sleep through the night again! I was waking up at least three to four times a night before, unable to get comfortable. A couple of times my hips were just aching me awake. We got the Snoogle last weekend, and the first night I had it I slept for 8 hours straight. I was in a mild state of shock. I'm also (still) loving our air conditioner, which also definitely helps sleep. A lot.

I miss: Being able to roll over/sit up without having to think about it. I know I'm going to look back in about 10 weeks and laugh at myself, because I'm going to get much bigger.

I'm looking forward to: Anniversary/Babymoon/Vacation with DH!

I'm freaked out about: Making Real Decisions. This includes choosing big items like a crib and a car seat, as well as choosing bigger items like... a name.

Milestones: We passed the point of "viability", which I'm keeping in quotation marks because it's way too early for this kid to get born. But this does mean that if I deliver at any point from here on out, the medical community will make every effort to save the kid. Child, let's make things easy for the medical community and wait until October, OK? Thanks.

Movement: Yes, indeed. I've been told I should start to notice patterns, but I haven't yet, at least not in terms of time of the day. The kiddo tends to move around a lot when I'm hungry, or when I've just eaten something, or when I'm lying down and trying to go to sleep. Kicks are getting stronger - my belly moves now sometimes, with good strong kicks - but they aren't keeping me awake just yet.

Exercise: I've been pretty good about walking, and am squatting all the time, per Bradley method instruction (this helps my legs feel less burn-y, so there's an incentive). I'm doing a lot of the other Bradley exercises pretty regularly, too. Did yoga twice in the past week, as well.

Diet: Protein, protein, protein. It's supposed to help prevent preeclampsia, which is one of my bigger pregnancy fears. After a week of eating a high-protein diet, I had a midwife appointment and she said my blood pressure was "beautiful" - the lowest it had been in months - so I'm hoping all the protein had something to do with that. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go eat some Greek yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, now.